PB to install PyQt-x11-gpl-3.5

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Mon Feb 10 08:36:53 EST 2003

> Hello,
>
> I carried out the update de python to python 2.2.2 and i succeeded  to
> install "sip" and PyQt but not PyKDE.
> The result of the command "make" to compile PyKDE is :
>
> cd kdecore; "/usr/bin/make"
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/admin/PyKDE-3.3.2/kdecore'
> g++ -c -pipe -O2 -fPIC -DSIP_MAKE_MODULE_DLL -DNO_DEBUG -fno-exceptions -I-I
>  -I../extraH -I. -I/usr/local/include/python2.2 -I/usr/include/kde -I/usr/li
> b/qt-2.3.1/include -o kdecorecmodule.o kdecorecmodule.cpp
> In file included from sip/kstyle.sip:42,
>                  from kdecorecmodule.cpp:129:
> /usr/include/kde/kstyle.h:38: parse error before `{'
> /usr/include/kde/kstyle.h:39: non-member function `className ()' cannot
>
> An idea ?
>
> Best regards
>
> Gérard

I can't help because I have never tried to install KDE on HP-UX.  Do
not dispair.  If your Python 2.2 runs you are in great shape.  The
snake-farm has had lots of trouble getting that to work.

There is a KDE mailing list for people who are trying to install
KDE on non-linux machines.  The searchable archives are here:

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-nonlinux&w=2&r=1&s=and&q=b
searching for HPUX (one word no hyphen) gives several hits.  With
the hyphen, no hits.  I don't know if any of them are your problem.

You could post a new question  to the list here: