why not extending the syntax for classes, too ?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sat Feb 8 13:11:05 EST 2003

Michele Simionato wrote:

> I would agree with you with the use in functions, however my point
> here is
> that "is" can be extended to classes, whereas "as" cannot.

I don't understand this point, you seem to have completely sidestepped
my objections.

As it stands, `is' already has a very specific meaning, and is totally
unrelated to definition adornments.  `as' as a keyword is only used in
conjunction with something else, and so seems to me much more apt in
this capacity.  `as' itself doesn't mean anything without context; `is'
does.

/  \ So look into my eyes / I won't tell you lies
\__/ Neneh Cherry
    Official Omega page / http://www.alcyone.com/max/projects/omega/
 The official distribution page for the popular Roguelike, Omega.