Tutorial on how to use Emacs to program Python

Anders Hammarquist iko at cd.chalmers.se
Sat Feb 22 08:13:51 EST 2003

In article <8665rczmsi.fsf at vanilla.z>, Peter Wu  <peterwu at hotmail.com> wrote:
>What if there are many users on a machine? They'd have to carry their own
>.emacs files to enable Python-mode. Why can't we just do something so that
>the Python-mode can be automatically launched just like cc-mode or else?

If you want everyone on the machine to have their emacs configured in some
particular way, stick the code to do that in
/usr/lib/emacs/site-lisp/site-start.el (or wherever you keep your site-lisp
directory). You can view this as a global .emacs

/Anders
Anders Hammarquist                                  | iko at cd.chalmers.se
Physics student, Chalmers University of Technology, | Hem: +46 31 88 48 50