PEP 308 - ternary operator

Wolfgang Strobl wks000 at t-online.de
Sun Feb 16 17:16:22 EST 2003

Erik Max Francis <max at alcyone.com>:

>_Any_ language construct in _any_ language can be abused.

Sure. But as I said: some constructs are an invitation for abuse.

>That you've
>found a particularly abusive example doesn't really tell us much.

I certainly can't speak for you. Personally, I found the way how
approach and style of the various IOCCC winners varied over the years
quite entertaining and enlighting. Contrary to what you seem to
believe,  it's not just l'art pour l'art only. Sometimes, it exposes
and pinpoints weaknessses of the language, giving hints about what to
look out for in real code - and, perhaps, what to avoid in language
design.

--
Wir danken für die Beachtung aller Sicherheitsbestimmungen