cross platform application configuration files

Just just at xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 28 14:34:00 EST 2003

In article <eppstein-EDF288.11142728022003 at news.service.uci.edu>,
 David Eppstein <eppstein at ics.uci.edu> wrote:

> In article <v5vcfsi2aigq6f at corp.supernews.com>,
>  Lee Harr <missive at frontiernet.net> wrote:
>
> > I also got (in the email) a suggestion to use XML.
> >
> > My question, though, is more about where to put the file,
> > and how to find it again on any platform.
>
> If you're going to go with XML, it would make sense to use a dtd that's
> already been defined for that purpose, such as Apple's plist, rather
> than making up your own.

And just in case you do, in the plat-mac subdirectory of the library as
it is in CVS, you'll find a totally cross-platform module called
plistlib.py which deals with reading and writing of this format:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/python/python/d
ist/src/Lib/plat-mac/plistlib.py?rev=1.1

Just