.NET for Python for .NET (kobra 2.1)

logistix logistix at zworg.com
Mon Feb 17 20:19:37 EST 2003

"Chetan Gadgil" <cgjunkaddr at attbi.com> wrote in message news:<lca4a.154615$vm2.109663 at rwcrnsc54>...
> Since 2.0, I have been supporting callbacks into Python. The support is
> limited, and I will be soon improving it. The docs
> have an example of callbacks
>
> Check out http://www.gadgil.net/DotNetWrapperForPython.htm for updated docs.
>
> This is NOT a CLR implementation of Python. Mark Hammond did a lot of
> pioneering work in that field (too). You can check out his Python.NET.
>
> This (kobra) is for the "regular" Python on Windows. kobra is just an
> extension module for Python on Windows. It DOES NOT need PythonWin/win32all
>
> Chetan

Cool stuff but 'import kobralib' fails on PythonWin and idle.(although
it works fine from the command line shell).

Also, any chance I can get the source so I can do a debug build? ;-)

PythonWin 2.2.2 (#37, Oct 14 2002, 17:02:34) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on
win32.
Portions Copyright 1994-2001 Mark Hammond (mhammond at skippinet.com.au)
- see 'Help/About PythonWin' for further copyright information.
>>> import kobralib
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python22\lib\site-packages\kobralib.py", line 60, in ?
    helper = DotNetObject(kobra.new("DotNetHelperLib",
"DotNetHelperLib.DotNetHelper"))
error: Could not load assembly: DotNetHelperLib