Python and geophysics

jsaul jsaul at gmx.de
Wed Feb 19 06:05:58 EST 2003

Hi there,

I am wondering how many out there are using Python in geophysics,
and in particular, seismology. I think that Python has a
tremendous potential for many kinds of geophysical analyses, but
I have yet to come across people how actually use it for that.

Google is very silent as well, which I interpret that there are no
packages for seismological analysis written in Python (except the
one that I am developing) or at least nothing that is publicly
available.

Does anybody know of geophysics/seismology individuals/groups
who are extensively using Python? I'd be very interested.

Cheers,
Joachim