Mass Emailer

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Feb 3 17:17:09 EST 2003

Aahz wrote:

> In article <3E3E6FAD.1A858259 at engcorp.com>,
> Peter Hansen  <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:
> >
> >Install a real mail server like Qmail locally, then just blast all the
> >messages at it and let it worry about "bog".  Those programs are designed
> >for this kind of thing, as well as handling retries, etc.
>
> We haven't had a flamewar in c.l.py for a few hours, so s/Qmail/postfix/

Sure, postfix, Qmail, Exim, no difference to my comment, considering I
said "real mail server *like* XXXXX" .  I don't care if someone uses
Qmail or if they despise the author so much they won't even write the
word... just don't try to do something like this by writing scripts
from scratch when there are so many much more effective, reliable
solutions already in existence.

-Peter