"Official" freetype wrappers for Python?

Robert Kern kern at taliesen.caltech.edu
Wed Feb 19 00:10:24 EST 2003

In article <mailman.1045628333.7348.python-list at python.org>,
	"Andrew P. Lentvorski, Jr." <bsder at allcaps.org> writes:
> What are the "official" Python wrappers for FreeType/FreeType2?
>
> I found PyFT 0.65, but it's two years old at this point.  Also, I haven't
> really found much about wrapping FreeType2.

PyFT might work, or it might not. Of course, it doesn't even touch FreeType2.
Chaco[1] wraps some of FreeType2 (enough to render transformed text onto
buffer). If PyFT isn't working well enough for you, check out the freetype
module in Chaco.

[1] http://www.scipy.org/site_content/chaco

--
Robert Kern