Python and ISO 9660

Carl Bevil carl_bevil at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 15 16:37:42 EST 2003

Hey all.  I'm working on a program that uses an embedded Python interpreter.
The program will be burned onto CDs that use the ISO 9660 convention (this is
a requirement of the target platform).  Unfortunately, one of the restrictions
of the ISO 9660 format is an 8.3 naming convention.

Several of the standard Python scripts in the Lib folder of the distribution
do not follow this convention.  Needless to say, I'm a bit disappointed in this.

Has anyone dealt with this before?  If so, how did you overcome it?

Thanks!

Carl