float / double support in Python?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Fri Feb 7 04:21:10 EST 2003

Brandon Van Every wrote:

> What about vectors?  My C++ code has, oh, only a few zillion of those.

Same thing.  Are you totally incapable of researching things on your own
(doing a Google search for Numpy after it was mentioned and then reading
up on it), or is it just that you're unwilling?

> I think what you're telling me is I will suffer memory loss in the
> interest
> of flexibility.

This entire pointless exercise of you exposing yourself to this
newsgroup/list has been one of you berating the community that you
(presumably) want to get information from.

You seem to have already made up your mind that you hate Python (despite
clearly knowing so very little about it -- you weren't even aware Python
had floating point support, and you're considering using it for
scripting your application that's heavy on 3D maths?), and are looking
for reasons, however, shaky, to defend this initial impulse and crap on
the people who are being helpful and answer your questions.

There's a good one-word description of this:  frustrating.

/  \ I'll be your strength / I'll be here when you wake up (all right)
\__/ Sweetbox
    7 Sisters Productions / http://www.7sisters.com/
 Web design for the future.