Python in a VS 6.0 environment?

Florian Schulze florian.proff.schulze at gmx.net
Fri Feb 7 19:43:11 EST 2003

On Thu, 06 Feb 2003 20:40:22 GMT, Brandon Van Every
<vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com> wrote:

> Can anyone who prefers a MS Visual Studio 6.0 working environment comment
> on
> the ease / difficulty of integrating Python with your C++ code?  What are
> the gotchas?  I'd like to know what tools have made the experience the
> least
> painful for you.
>
> Please, no responses like "why not switch to Emacs?" or whatever.  At
> present, I'm not interested, I don't have the time.  The question is the
> question.

Try it the other way around, write your 3D code in C++, wrap it with Boost
or SWIG and write the mainloop and your AI in Python. That's the way some
people did it in their games after trying it the the other way around
first. See the article at gamasutra 3 or 4 months ago (which was the reason
I (re)discovered Python) for a good explanation.

And you shouldn't burn out your brain, then don't read any documentation or
website people suggest you and just ask the questions here which sometimes
even are in the FAQs, only because you are too lazy. (I guess there is some
bad grammar in that sentence) And you should just try out the approaches
others suggested to you and not ask them to chew it small enough for you to
swallow.

I guess, after that paragraph, I'm welcome to your killfile.

Over and out

--
Florian Schulze