PEP 308: Alternative conditional operator forms

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sun Feb 9 20:13:05 EST 2003

Paul Rubin wrote:

> cond(C, :x, :y)  and some variants on this which I don't remember
> exactly

The cond(C, :x, :y) was just a builtin function cond using a new
introduced syntax for "thunks" (zero-argument lambdas; :x would be short
for lambda: x), so I don't think that really qualifies as a conditional
operator a la PEP 308; it's a short-hand for lambdas and a function
which uses them in a certain way, rather than a conditional operator
(the conditional operator suggested above would be just one application
of it).

/  \ Light ... more light!
\__/ (the last words of Goethe)
    Bosskey.net / http://www.bosskey.net/
 A personal guide to online multiplayer first person shooters.