Web stress tester

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Tue Feb 18 13:42:22 EST 2003

"Dale Strickland-Clark" <dale at riverhall.NOTHANKS.co.uk> wrote in message
news:omt45v48ee3b9j2d2orpapcq7b39d2t89c at 4ax.com...
> I need to write a little web stress tester.
>
> What's the best way of pulling out values from forms and submitting
> new ones?
>
> I don't need the flexibility of HTMLParser. I just need the form field
> names and values.

You could do worse than look at

    http://wwwsearch.sourceforge.net/ClientForm/

It's flexible enough to let you programmatically fill in the forms your
server sends to you.

> Also, what's the difference between htmllib and HTMLParser?

The htmllib 2.2 docs say """See Also:
Module HTMLParser:
Alternate HTML parser that offers a slightly lower-level view of the input,
but is designed to work with XHTML, and does not implement some of the SGML
syntax not used in ``HTML as deployed'' and which isn't legal for XHTML.
"""

regards
Register for PyCon now!            http://www.python.org/pycon/reg.html