C extension on MacPython?

Just just at xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 11 13:27:31 EST 2003

In article <b2bduh$dfd$1 at pegasus.csx.cam.ac.uk>,
 Xiao-Qin Xia <xx758 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> In the python online documents introduced how to build C extension on Unix
> and Windows, is it possible to build C extensions for MacPython? If can,
> anybody may show me how to do it?

(Mac-specific questions are better asked on the pythonmac-sig, the
chance is better to get an answer there.)

If you mean the MacOS9-compatible version, you need a fairly recent copy
on CodeWarrior (Pro 6 or 7 I think). The easiest thing then to do is to
use distutils, for which MacPython offers a simple GUI: simply drop your
setup.py onto the interpreter. However, the CodeWarrior backend for
distutils doesn't support _all_ of distutils; it may not work for
complex setups, but works generally fine for simple extensions.

If you mean the OSX-native version, using distutils from the command
line works just fine.

Just