Some thoughts about Python, python.org and non-English languages

Carlos Ribeiro cribeiro at mail.inet.com.br
Fri Feb 7 16:31:24 EST 2003

On Friday 07 February 2003 06:37 pm, Müller-Oertel wrote:
> What could be done to improve it? I suggest to name an editor for each
> language.

I like the idea, but I'm afraid that to take on the job as editor for one
language - portuguese, for example - can be too much work. However, we have
some good examples in the open source arena - Debian's home page
(www.debian.org) is available in several languages, and the translations are
quite good (and mostly up-to-date, even for pages buried deep into the site).

Depending upon the tools used to build python.org (I assume it's Zope), it
should be relatively easy to implement a system to notify the editor about
new pages and documents waiting to be translated. I'm sure it can be done,
but I have no idea where to start it.

Carlos Ribeiro
cribeiro at mail.inet.com.br