PEP308: Yet another syntax proposal

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Feb 12 17:41:16 EST 2003

"Michael Hudson" <mwh at python.net> wrote in message
news:7h3u1f9uz00.fsf at pc150.maths.bris.ac.uk...
> "Terry Reedy" <tjreedy at udel.edu> writes:
>
> > "Michael Hudson" <mwh at python.net> wrote in message
> > news:7h3wuk5wqri.fsf at pc150.maths.bris.ac.uk...
> >
> > > I don't think the addition of any of the proposed conditional
> > > expressions to Python would be a good thing.
> > >
> > > I *do not* prefer the "_ and _ or _" abomin^Widiom.
> >
> > So you are in the unenviable position of having to either abstain
or
> > decide which alternative is least abominable ;-).
>
> What makes you think that?

My interpretation of what you wrote.  I took "I don't think the
addition ... would be a good thing" to mean "I don't think the
addition ... would be an improvement" and applied the logic "If X is
an abomination and X+Y would not be an improvement, then X+Y is also
an abomination."  If I missed badly, I apologize.

Terry J. Reedy