Fixed point support

Carlos Ribeiro cribeiro at mail.inet.com.br
Sat Feb 22 06:19:58 EST 2003

Hello all,

I was reading the latest python-dev summary as posted here, and it seems that
the debate about FixedPoint has surfaced again. I remember it being discussed
some time ago during my first period of activity here (circa 2001).

My question is, isn't proper to discuss fixed point support here, at c.l.p,
with a bigger audience? Or is this discussion going to be fruitless (for lack
of interest) or endless (because it is so contractory)? I have a few words on
this subject to share, but first I would like to know where is the proper
place...

[I hope I'm not opening another can of worms. After PEP308 and case
sensitivity, I feel a little bit tired...]

Carlos Ribeiro
cribeiro at mail.inet.com.br