Python, Tkinter, and Threading

Marc losnations at comcast.net
Tue Feb 18 00:21:09 EST 2003

> Maybe not.  Are you familiar with Tkinter's update(),
> and/or the asyncore module?

No, can't say that I am. I guess the update() is sort of a buffer flush to
bring the gui current. That would solve the problem of not being able to
display runtime status in the gui until the end. I assume this function
would belong in the "periodic call" function or whichever function it is
that checks the status periodically with the .after() function.

I'll be sure and check out the asyncore module tomorrow to see if can help
me.

Thanks,
Marc