wasting development time (was)

Brandon Van Every vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com
Mon Feb 3 21:10:59 EST 2003

John Ochiltree wrote:
> Andy Freeman wrote:
>
> ,snip>
>> Van Every seems to think that C++ templates are a heavy duty tool.
>> They're not.
>
> Thanks Andy. How for instance would BVE deal with a return type that
> could not be foreseen.

FORSEE it, dammit!  Geez, do you guys just sit around all day writing up
code for abstract problems that are not sitting in front of you??!?  My
development time is precious, I have to concentrate on what I need to get
done!

> I think BVE should remember that sw development is a social activity
> (strange that a social anthropologist doesn't seem to recognise this).

I think you should recognize that there's no law anywhere that says (1) you
have to program in a team (2) your brain goes to mush if you architect
things as an individual.

20% of the world is real.