Controlling load location of python22.dll when using Py_Initialize()

quadric at primenet.com quadric at primenet.com
Wed Feb 19 00:03:45 EST 2003

Hi again,

Further to my question below, it seems my thinking is a bit screwed up here
:-(.

I am statically linking with python22.lib which is an import/export library
representing
python22.dll.  I am not using LoadLibrary() and therefore am relinquishing
control of the
DLL search mechanism to Windows OS.  Is this correct?  Py_Initialize() is
simply a call
to a function that exists in a DLL that the OS should have already
loaded.  Correct?

If so, and as I understand it, the Windows OS will always first search the
calling applications
directory and then search along the PATH.  Is this correct?

If so, then I must locate python22.dll in applications directory.

Is this correct?

Thanks again for the help.