PEP-308 a "simplicity-first" alternative

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Feb 13 08:09:36 EST 2003

Erik Max Francis <max at alcyone.com> writes:

> Michael Hudson wrote:
>
> > In which context?  In my world, => is implication.  It's even
> > $\implies$ in LaTeX, I think. -> is often used to denote a map.
>
> In a logical context.  _VNR_ for instance uses the single horizontal
> line -> arrow for logical implication (section 15.1).

While I don't doubt you on this, I do wonder how I've got so far (3
years of degree, 1 year of Part III and a year and a bit of PhD) in
maths without ever seeing this notation.  Maybe it's a UK/US thing?

Hmm, actually it was probably used in my logic course.  But I didn't
think of exporting notations from that course to any other area...

Cheers,
M.

--
  This is not to say C++ = bad, Lisp = good.  It's to say
  C++ = bad irrespective of everything else.