Paul Moore gustav at morpheus.demon.co.uk
Sun Feb 9 08:52:11 EST 2003

"Andrew Dalke" <adalke at mindspring.com> writes:

>> I think we can ignore those who simply flatly vote against this
>> proposal. They obviously don't use the language as much as the rest of
>> us or have a problem with change.
>
> Do you also think we can ignore those who simply flatly vote for
> this proposal, because they don't know how to write maintainable code
> or because they want gratuitous change?

I'm not convinced that *any* form of simple vote counting will produce
an answer. My feeling is that the overall consensus is 50-50. The only
way a vote is going to give a clear result is if a significant number
of people on one or the other side of the fence fail to vote (either
through apathy, or through killfiling the whole discussion and missing
the call for votes).

Does anyone seriously believe that the *overall* view of c.l.p, based on
this thread, is anything other than "ambivalent"?

As a follow-on question - does anyone seriously feel that a
significant portion of c.l.p is likely to have its opinion swayed by
arguments made in this thread?

Paul.
--
This signature intentionally left blank