TCP Server sitting behind a proxy

Nomad nomad*** at ***freemail.absa.co.za
Fri Feb 14 12:02:57 EST 2003

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 02:50:35 +0530, Jeethu Rao <jeethur at sancharnet.in>
wrote:

>John,
>That was a pretty hilarious and educative reply,
>It is meant to run on the internet, so security
>does matter. No, I don't plan to leave a C
>compiler on the proxy machines. And yes, I'll be
>writing the proxy app in C++ (Because it's quite
>a lot simpler than the server, which is being
>written in Python).
>
>The main design goal is flexibility. It's got to work with
>Or without a proxy
>
> Client1
>        \
>         \
> Client2--o--Proxy/Firewall---Internet---Server
>         /                   /|
>        /                   /
> Client3                   /
>                          /
>Client4------------------/
>
>(Shamelessly copied your ASCII art)
>
>I'm pretty certain that even batman will have a hard time
>breaking 256 bit Rijndael encrypted data (wrapped with
>a checksum and a packet header(to prevent data corruption)

Never underestimate batman -- that would be your biggest mistake.
Ordinary hackers, on the other hand, shouldn't cause you any real
trouble ;-)

Laters

--
Nomad

Wondering of the vast emptyness of the 'net
in search of something cool.