Brain storm failed Re: PEP 308

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Mon Feb 10 20:56:30 EST 2003

Roman Suzi wrote:

> I am sorry to observe that brain storm on good suggestion for "inline
> if"
> failed. This clearly says that time has not come for inline ifs.

Whose brainstorm?  Yours?

There has actually been a substantial amount of agreement in the pro-PEP
camp.  Lots of them thought x if C else y was acceptable; lots also
thought if C: x else: y was acceptable.

100% of the pro-PEP people haven't agreed 100% on one form, but that
hardly means that the brainstorm "failed" or that therefore the
conditional operator's "time has not come."

Why don't you save the BDFL decisions for the actual BDFL?

/  \ Whoever contends with the great sheds his own blood.
\__/ Sa'di
    Polly Wanna Cracka? / http://www.pollywannacracka.com/
 The Internet resource for interracial relationships.