Python extensions using MinGW and CXX

Reinhard Nadrchal reinhard at proceryon.at
Wed Feb 12 08:47:33 EST 2003

Hi all,

In the course of porting our software (currently running on linux and
irix) we faced some problems with python extension modules based on Paul
Dubois' CXX.

Our problem is, that pyds generated with the MinGW compiler/linker seems
to be incompatible with the Windows python interpreter.

If we naively link python20.dll to our extension, it compiles and links,
bot the python interpreter crashes on importing the module. If we on the
other hand create a export library with pexport and dlltool, we get a
lot of unresolved references. Is there a way to fix the problem (without
using distutils or VC++).

If my SOS is not in the scope of this newsgroup or there's a more
suitable forum, please tell me.

Thanks in advance,
reinhard