Python training time (was)

Lee Harr missive at frontiernet.net
Tue Feb 4 17:26:27 EST 2003

> Useful questions, but they have no inherent rightness.  My answer, for
> certain development environments and problem domains, is "never."  There are
> some kinds of simple, pedal-to-the-metal, yet object oriented problems that
> Python will never be as good a choice for.  3D graphics is full of problems
> like that.

Never is a very long time (even longer than 25 years ;-) The faster computers
get, the more sense it makes to use a higher level language.

Ideally, you would not be writing code for all of these 3D primitive
operations, they would be natively supported by your hardware, and so be
really REALLY fast. Who knows what will be available in even 5 years?