Python vs. C++ Builder - speed of development

Brandon Van Every vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com
Mon Feb 3 01:16:38 EST 2003

Bengt Richter wrote:

> You may find that if you separate them, Python may be best for one
> part and
> C++ for another. And Python will let you integrate the parts easily.

Have you tried writing a game AI?  It's clear enough to me that Python is
useful for *some part* of the problem.  But I'm the kind of guy who believes
a lot of so-called AI is just heavy duty number crunching.  That's what the
C++ and the understanding of domain specific topology is for.  It has to go
fast, so that lotsa possibilities can be tried.  Python is for glueing those
possibilities together.

> Also, if you don't have it, I'd recommend
> a look at "Computer Graphics, Principles and Practice" by Foley, van
> Dam, Feiner
> and Hughes, published by Addison Wesley, ISBN 0-201-84840-6.

Thanks, I got my copy 11 years ago.  1 year later, my copy of Stroustrup.

20% of the world is real.