Newbie question - Python mode in SciTE ?

Henri Chorand henri at nospam.xtradoc.com
Sun Feb 2 17:14:52 EST 2003

Rhymes wrote:
> On Sun, 02 Feb 2003 20:34:43 +0100, Henri Chorand wrote:
>

>>Me too. It's release 1.50 - it downloaded it today.
>

> I lied. After downloading it from scintilla.org i remembered that i have
> apt-get :) And the i've installed 1.44 from my debian packages cache
>

>>Let me know what you think about it. Unless I find a SciTE expert, I
>>guess I'll have to contact the author, and it'll end up in a new item in
>>the FAQ ;-)
>

> Mmm try another ide or use Debian... ;-)

Well, Kate works well enough while I simply try to learn Python.

But, choosing another Linux distribution... NOOO WAY sir, at least for
now :-)

Debian is highly reputed (and I'm sure for good reasons), but I can't
switch distribs each time some app requests it.

Red Hat is the one I picked to begin with Linux because it's considered
as a rather good compromise between user-friendliness, stability and
comprehensiveness. If I want a very strong, server-oriented free OS, I
might pick a *BSD instead.
Anyway, maybe I'll go to Debian when I feel less of a newbie, in a
couple of years...

Henri