PEP-308 a "simplicity-first" alternative

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.com
Tue Feb 11 18:33:38 EST 2003

Bengt Richter wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 20:32:25 +0100, holger krekel <pyth at devel.trillke.net> wrote:

>>       x and y else z

> +1
> I can live with that. Just have to accept that I didn't think of it ;-)

I had to make it behind that thought, too ;-)

> It fits well with the existing short circuiting, and should be
> easy to get used to. Of course, I still think my
>
>          x -> y -> z
>
> would be easy too (I won't mention what it is the simplest expression of ;-)

I also like my

     x then y else z

But that doesn't matter. What I like so much about
the proposal is, that it cures an existing construct,
does not introduce new keywords, and it is small,
although it uses words, only.

I have the strong feeling that it will make it.
Holger, this was an outstanding, genial idea!

bowing-ly y'rs - chis