spawn in jaguar

Jose Jose at somplace.com
Wed Feb 12 00:07:49 EST 2003

Dear Python experts,

I am trying to use python on max OS10 (specifacally jaguar which has python already installed by default) to copy a set of files from one folder to another.  Actaully I want to only copy files that are older then one year and thought Python would be a great way to do this (it works great on my windows XP box) and was hoping to use spwanv to automate ditto to do this.  When I set var =['ditto', '-rsrcFork', 'file1', 'file2'], and issue the command os.spawnv(os.P_NOWAIT, 'ditto', var) I get a number back (which I am assuming is a PID for this process), but nothing happens.  Does anyone know what I am doing wrong, or how to accomplish what I need to get done.  Does anyone have any experience with jaguar and python?

Thanks in advance for any and all help

Jose

Please send replys to jose at cybergalvez.com