proto-PEP: "unless" expression

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Sun Feb 9 00:53:32 EST 2003

>>> Erik Max Francis wrote
> Mmhmm.  Read more like a petty jab in protest of the PEP 308 thread
> rather than an uproariously hilarious joke.  (I do like the
> "unidentified people appreciated it" rebuttal, though:  very
> convincing.)

Well, I'm terribly terribly sorry if my attempt at humour offended
your delicate sensibilities. I shall endeavour to make sure that all
possibly traces of humour are removed before posting.

No, it wasn't meant to be side-splittingly funny. It was meant as a
quick, cheap thing that amused me.

As far as the "unidentified people" - well, as I'm not in the habit of
posting personal email messages, I guess you'll have to take my word
for it. I really couldn't give a fuck whether you do, or don't.

> Wow, what a devastating blow.  Problem is, I never said anything about
> "mocking the BDFL," so forgive me if I don't find this comeback
> particularly compelling.

May not have been you, but it was someone in the thread who replied to
either Richard's post, or mine.

Anthony