PEP 308: Alternative conditional operator forms

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Mon Feb 10 20:03:12 EST 2003

Michele Simionato wrote:

> Erik, thanks for offering your time to prepare the list. However, I
> think we
> should first make sure that there is a majority of Pythonistas
> favorable to
> the introduction of the ternary operator.

Well, it takes little effort to maintain a list, given that I've been
following all the threads anyway.  I just want to be prepared with the
list in the event it gets that far.

My general impression is that the first vote will be about 50-50.  But
if 50% of people want a conditional operator, that's an awful lot.

/  \ Whoever contends with the great sheds his own blood.
\__/ Sa'di
    Polly Wanna Cracka? / http://www.pollywannacracka.com/
 The Internet resource for interracial relationships.