OK, another one on me - when installing on Linux, where did IDLE go?!

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou DLNXPEGFQVEB at spammotel.com
Thu Feb 13 09:19:25 EST 2003

On 13 Feb 2003 05:33:28 -0800, rumours say that ghostagain at operamail.com
(Zorba) might have written:

>I was careful *not* to install SuSE's version of Python as I wanted
>the experience of doing it myself. So my version is the only one on
>the system.

Then it is probable that TCL and Tk development files were not available
at the system during the Python building process; when Tkinter is not
built, setup.py does not install idle.

You can either:
- install packages which have the header files and libraries for tcl/tk
- build these first from source, then make python again
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,
Real email address: 'dHpvdEBzaWwtdGVjLmdy\n'.decode('base64')