PEP-308 a "simplicity-first" alternative

David Eppstein eppstein at ics.uci.edu
Thu Feb 13 17:04:09 EST 2003

In article <b2fmkt$k6v$2 at eol.dd.chalmers.se>,
 iko at cd.chalmers.se (Anders Hammarquist) wrote:

> >Combine this with another thread.  Choose a unicode character
> >and require that people who want to use the operator must use
> >unicode-aware editors.
>
> For values of a unicode character only available on an APL keyboard. ;-)
> (For yet another thread, or was that this one also?)

APL's quad operator looks a lot like the rectangle symbols used for
conditional (guarded) expressions in Hoare's CSP. If we used that, we
could also start using Hoare's ? and ! notation for communicating
values from one thread to another...

--
David Eppstein       UC Irvine Dept. of Information & Computer Science
eppstein at ics.uci.edu http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/