Voting process for PEP 308 (was: PEP 308: Alternative conditional operator forms)

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Wed Feb 12 19:16:21 EST 2003

Aahz wrote:

> The fact that you use "rebuttal" instead of "response" precisely
> explains why I haven't bothered to say anything.  I see no point in
> continuing this line of discussion, when there is already plenty of
> heat.

That's certainly your prerogative, but you still leave the community (or
at least those who read that post of yours) at large in the position of
not being sure what it was you meant.

There are numerous reasons you might not want to have responded to my
post; one of them is certainly that you were appalled by my incorrect
interpretation of your comments and felt that continuing the discussion
would only serve to make things worse.  If that's the case, I'll be
happy to retract my comments if I get a clarification of what it was you
meant.

But there are other interpretations, such as you being ashamed that you
got caught in making such an awful comment, and thus bowed out of the
discussion in order to prevent yourself from looking more foolish.
Mind, I'm not suggesting that's the case, I'm just saying that your lack
of clarification is even more confusing than the original comment.

/  \ If you can't fight and you can't flee, flow.
\__/ Robert Elliot
    Physics reference / http://www.alcyone.com/max/reference/physics/
 A physics reference.