Attitude about new keywords

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Tue Feb 11 03:17:03 EST 2003

Dave Brueck wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, Erik Max Francis wrote:

> > The require-parentheses argument leads to weird cases such as that
> > of a
> > function call:
> >
> >       f(x if C else y)
> >
> > would be illegal, instead it would have to be written
> >
> >       f((x if C else y))
>
> Good call, you're right.

I have to credit Andrew Koenig with that one, he pointed that one out to
me when I suggested revising my* if C: x else: y syntax with required
parentheses to address some complaints about potential ambiguities.

.

* Okay, "my"; it was suggested independently by others before and after
I proposed it.

/  \ I always entertain great hopes.
\__/ Robert Frost
    REALpolitik / http://www.realpolitik.com/
 Get your own customized newsfeed online in realtime ... for free!