PB to install PyQt-x11-gpl-3.5

Phil Thompson phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 7 08:45:58 EST 2003

On Friday 07 February 2003 1:15 pm, Gerard Breiner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried to install PyQt but no success.
> My platform is RedHat 7.0 with Python 1.5.2
>
> I run the command : pytthon ./build.py and the result is
> Traceback (innermost last):
>    File "./build.py", line 1469, in ?
>      main(sys.argv)
>    File "./build.py", line 1358, in main
>      installChecks()
>    File "./build.py", line 663, in installChecks
>      resp = resp.strip().lower()
> AttributeError: 'string' object has no attribute 'strip'
>
> Where is the problem ?

A couple of choices...

1. Replace the problem line with...

	resp = string.lower(string.strip(resp))

...and I think you'll find another line with a similar problem.

2. Instead, upgrade your copy of Python - I recommend you do this.

Another problem, I believe, is that RedHat 7.0 comes with a beta version of
Qt. PyQt does not support beta versions. I think the problem is that
QWaitCondition is missing. If you can't upgrade Qt then a possible workaround
is to remove %Include qwaitcondition.sip from qtmod.sip.

Phil