Python debugging under Linux

Paul Rubin phr-n2003b at NOSPAMnightsong.com
Thu Feb 6 03:25:51 EST 2003

What Python debugging environment to Linux users here like to use?

I've never gotten Emacs pdb mode or Idle to work under Linux.
"ddd --pydb" only slightly works--it's like alpha test software.

I'm using Red Hat 7.2 with Emacs 20.7.1.  I have the impression that
Emacs pdb mode may have worked once upon a time but broke somehow and
nobody ever fixed it.  I haven't put any real effort into getting it
working.  So I debug with a combination of manually operated pdb and
print statements, but it's kind of a drag.