Exceptions

Chad Netzer cnetzer at mail.arc.nasa.gov
Thu Feb 6 18:15:32 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-02-06 at 11:24, Tetsuo wrote:

> > class CorruptHardDiskError(Exception):
> > pass

> But some of you people are kinda boring... Nobody even raised an eyebrow
> at how I named that error. Is that standard practice or something?

If you really wanted to get some attention, you could have tried:

class PythonSucksPerlIsGreatError( Exception ):
    pass

BTW. your postings get stripped of whitespace at the beginning of the
line.  That is a catastrophe for Python, and may have contributed to
some confused responses.  One possibility for dealing with this (besides
just joining the mailing list and using email) is the 'pindent.py' tool
that comes with Python (in the Tools/scripts directory).  It will put
comments in your code that can be used to automatically recover the
block structure should it get munged by transport tools, etc.

Can be found with google, also:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=pindent.py+python&btnG=Google+Search

--
Bay Area Python Interest Group - http://www.baypiggies.net/

Chad Netzer
(any opinion expressed is my own and not NASA's or my employer's)