Determining last time a file was accessed

Peter Markowsky peterm at ccs.neu.edu
Tue Feb 4 09:39:59 EST 2003

Hi all,

Basically my problem is that while working on a script to do inventory
of files at work,  I noticed that some  files were over two  years old
and that   I shouldn't even  consider these  for  my  inventory unless
they've been accessed recently. So what I would  like to know is there
a  way to  determine  the last  time a  file  has  been accessed using
python? I'm currently  writing this script for  windows but would like
to keep the script as platform  independent since I get the impression
I'll need to run it on solaris later.

Thanks,

Pete