Threading and TCP server

Ehab Teima ehab_teima at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 6 12:17:27 EST 2003

Hello,

I am getting started with using threads and server. I wrote the server
that waits forever until it gets called from the client. The client
would send a command to the server to be executed on the server
machine(sort of rsh but with piping between the client). The server
would handle the client in a separate thread. The code works fine if
the command to be executed is short. The problem I have is when the
client passes something like "ls && sleep 60", the server can not
respond to any other client until it releases this client. Is there a
way to make the server alert without disconnecting the client that
casues the long delays.

Ehab