What happened to dospath module in Python2.3a1?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed Feb 12 12:27:51 EST 2003

In article <mailman.1045067743.13420.python-list at python.org>, Skip Montanaro wrote:

>     >> You should really use os.path instead of posixpath/dospath/whatever...
>
>     Jane> The script is running on linux and should manipulate dos
>     Jane> paths. Does os.path work in this case?
>
> Also, nt accepts paths with / as the delimiter (and
> thus, so does ntpath), which DOS never did.

At least up through MSC 4, all of the standard library calls
(open, mv, rename, fopen, etc.) all accepted '/' delimited
paths.  I don't remember if the libraries translated them to
'\' before making system calls or not, but all of the DOS apps
I ever wrote used '/' as a path separator (it was just way
easier, especially in literal strings).

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I want to TAKE IT
                                  at               HOME and DRESS IT UP in