Announce UK Python Conference

P Brian paul at shiningrose.co.uk
Tue Feb 4 14:01:49 EST 2003

Dear All,

The UK Python Conference is upon us soon, just two short months to go.

The conference shall be held in Oxford, over Wednesday 2nd and Thursday 3rd
April providing two days of
conversation, presentations, food, fresh air and interesting people.

The line up of speakers is impressive, with Guido van Rossum giving the
keynote speech on Wednesday the 2nd April.

You can book for either or both days, or even extend your stay to include
the ACCU full conference.
If you book before February 17th you get an early bird discount and
coincidentally a discount on the London Congestion Charge. (OK that last bit
is not true.)

And to keep peoples' appetites whetted (and give me half an excuse to post
back to clp regularly) there is a series of "interviews" with some of the
more colourful and influential Pythonistas, including Eric S Raymond & Guido
van Rossum.
I won't be winning any Pulitzers' this year but I hope you find them as
interesting as I do.

The first interviewee is Eric S Raymond, and he touches briefly upon issues
such as religion (both of his own), green thumbs and the smell of teletypes.
("I love the smell of teletypes in the morning" - now why didn't that get
into the film).

So visit
http://www.python-uk.org
to see details, book a place and catch the interviews.

I and everyone else involved in organising the conference, look forward to
seeing you there.

paul brian
paul at shiningrose.co.uk