Physical libraries (was: Python and p2p)

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Thu Feb 6 06:39:30 EST 2003

In article <mailman.1044495554.23467.python-list at python.org>,
Geoff Gerrietts  <geoff at gerrietts.net> wrote:
			.
		[various true and
		apt stuff about
		libraries and P2P]
			.
>If you haven't tried it, you might. Maybe I was misled: maybe library
>service outside the US and Canada really does suck.
			.
			.
			.
Often.  I seriously often say that the one greatest amenity
of life in North America is the tradition of local public
libraries here.  Typical libraries in other countries are
strikingly hostile *in comparison*.

But libraries are a blessing 'most anywhere you find them.
I've used libraries in every country where I've lived, and,
at their worst, they're still wonderful.

... if not for learning computing.  The two models of infor-
mation flow are just too different for old-style libraries.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net