How can I call a dll "inside" another process?

Nomad nomad*** at ***freemail.absa.co.za
Tue Feb 11 04:58:52 EST 2003

Howzit,

I've been fiddling around with extensions, and more lately ctypes
(which is great BTW), but I've come up against a problem which seems
to be alittle beyond my experience.

OK, this is the picture.  I have a mailserver running, and the
mailserver has loaded a "plugin" DLL that I've written to wrap certain
API calls that the DLL, as an inprocess module, has access to.  These
API calls are not exposed to the world at large, hence the need for my
wrapper.

So, I thought that I'd try to just export the wrapper functions and
call them easily from python using ctypes.  Of course the trouble here
is that ctypes is loading a fresh instance of the DLL, and not
interfacing within the mail server's process.

Does anyone on the list know how I could, easily (or not if necesary),
access the inprocess instance to call the wrapped API's?

TIA

--
Nomad

Wondering of the vast emptyness of the 'net
in search of something cool.