OT: clp threading?

Martin Maney maney at pobox.com
Sun Feb 9 23:33:13 EST 2003

This has been an annoyance for a while; with a couple days' worth of
posts arriving [mostly] in one thread over the weekend it's become more
so.  Here's the itch:

I read clp as news.  Some folks' articles seem to be prone to winding
up in the sump - it looks like they arrive without the references
control line they should have, or perhaps with it mangled (truncated?).
I have the impression that the source of this problem may be a certain
consumer software company's products, but never mind that.  My question
is, does anyone know of a cure for this?

Feel free to reply directly; if I learn anything useful I'll summarize.