newbie: interprocess communication under windows

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Tue Feb 11 10:23:20 EST 2003

In article <3E47EC70.2D3392F at engcorp.com>,
Peter Hansen  <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:
>yaniv wrote:
>>
>> i would like to create a simple interprocess communication
>> mechanism(under windows) that could pass a data structure between a
>> dos program( that runs on windows) and a python program .
>>
>> the rate would be something around 20hz - data structure is small , a
>> few floats .
>>
>> is memory mapping a good way to do this ?
>> how do i do it ?
>> psuedu code would be appreciated .
>
>Can the DOS program use sockets, for TCP/IP communication?
>That or the use of UDP might be the simplest approach...
>
>-Peter

Right; people certainly do mean different things by "DOS".

In the absence of sockets, which I agree are the first
possibility to explore, my guess is that even yucky FAT can
support a simple-minded external-file write-and-read at 20
Hz.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net