Python any good?

Glen lpepicel at nycap.rr.com
Mon Feb 17 20:05:08 EST 2003

Tim Ottinger wrote:

> I just don't want the world thinking that any program written in python
> will be too slow for production use. I think that if you look at the
> applications in the world that use python, you'll be surprized at how
> amazingly well they perform.
>

> Tim

Python is great language.  There is nothing wrong with it IMHO.  As a
bonus it is open source.

Python has many advantages and features: see python.org.

When I say "not fast" I meant no critism.

Maybe I should have said "not for computation intensive problems".  Not
as fast as c or c++.

I didn't mean to say it is slow.  It is great for most business
applications.

I believe it is possible to write parts of a python app in C++ is
needed.  I have never needed to do this.

Also maybe I should have said "less popular than C++" "not as many hits
on monster for python programmers"

Glen.  [python programmer]