script->service.exe

Tomas Brixi tomas_brixi at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 26 01:10:18 EST 2003

Hello,

I have a question regarding script implementing a windows service converted into .exe.
When I install the script a using pyservice.exe and log something the event viewer displays
correctly
the messages I want to log. I know module service util is build into pyservice.exe

But when I convert the script using py2exe I get all logs displayed in event viewer like this one:
The description for Event ID ( 4098 ) in Source ( myservice ) cannot be found. The local computer
may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a
remote computer.....
Maybe I have forgot to include something. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Regards
Tom